When you choose a traditional publisher, you instantly get freedom from all the headaches and fuss because these publishers would do all the work on your behalf in return for a price! Here are some of the features of using the traditional publishing method:
– Work – These publishers take on all the work which comprises of editing, proof reading, text layout, text design, front and back cover design of the book, printing and marketing processes.
– Literary agent – You need a literary agent for this purpose.
– No control – Remember that these publishers do not need your approval in order to make any changes, they have the complete rights for doing so.
– Profit – They take about 80-90% of the profits generated, which is a huge portion!
– Not for non-fiction books – Traditional publishing for non-fictions is almost ‘impossible’ unless you are a famous writer.